Did you know that 66% of businesses now have their own app? According to an eMarketer study, 66% of companies already have an app and an additional 16% plan on starting business app development in the near future. Smartphones are more popular than ever before and users expect to have access to a number of services on their device, including shopping options and easy access to information about your brand.
If you don’t have a business app yet, now is the perfect time to start thinking about developing one. Here are eleven things you should do in order to create a quality business app that professionals will download and use:
- Keeping things simple is your best bet. You don’t need to pack your app with several features to provide your audience with a functional app as long as it delivers what was promised.
- A good business app needs to be helpful and valuable. There are already thousands of business apps to choose from and you need to give people a good reason to download and use your app.
- Build your app with users in mind. Developing a mobile app is not about creating a new version of your mobile website. Create an Android app and an iOS app to offer the best experience possible.
- Add some built-in social features to expand your reach. You could, for instance, enable users to post about your app on Facebook or Twitter to get their friends to download your app.
- Keep users engaged by using push notifications. Did you know that the average smartphone user has 33 apps on their phone but only uses 12 of these apps on a regular basis? You can remind people about your app and boost engagement by displaying notifications on their home screen.
- Your business app should work flawlessly. You need to put your app through a thorough testing process, make sure it is safe to use and respect the user’s privacy.
- User experience is everything. Navigation should be easy, users should be able to perform tasks without any bugs and there shouldn’t be any intrusive ads.
- The design of your app is important. Mobile app design can seem trivial but this is what could set your app apart from other apps that have similar functionalities and target the same audience.
- Offer your business app for free. You might feel that charging $0.99 for your app is insignificant but there are so many free apps already available that most users will not bother with downloading an app that isn’t free.
- You need to market your app. Make it available on the Google Play Store and on iTunes and let people know about your app by using different marketing channels. For example, you might try using the mobile app ads available on Facebook or reach out to visitors on your mobile website.
- Track results such as downloads, user engagement and sales generated via your app. Set some goals for your business app to determine how successful it is and learn from the analytics you collect. Even if your first app isn’t as successful as you hoped, you can learn from your mistakes and create a better second app or release an update for your app.
A lot of planning needs to go into business app development to make sure that you deliver a great experience to users, make people want to use your app and that you benefit from having a mobile app, either by generating more sales or by increasing awareness for your business’ brand.
Having the right developers work on your app can help you reach your goals and launch a successful app even if you have never worked with a mobile platform before. AppIt Ventures specializes in developing and designing apps. You should contact us to learn more about the services we offer or to tell us how we can help with your next app development project!