Successful, growing company has an excellent opportunity for a motivated salesperson. AppIt Ventures is a Denver-based company in Cherry Creek with an international presence, and is known in the mobile application industry for custom integrations and IoT work, and is on the cutting edge of Follow the Sun development methodologies. As our tight knit, customer-focused team continues to grow, we are looking for a world-class professional to join us. You must have prior success selling custom software solutions or other business services to business owners and top executives in small to medium size companies in a competitive market. You must be comfortable with a short sales cycle and two-call close, with a focus on shipping & logistics, manufacturing, healthcare, and business services. You must be willing to prospect and find new opportunities. You must excel at finding new accounts and have strong closing skills, as well as excellent listening and questioning skills. You should be a self-starter, highly motivated, goal-oriented, memorable, passionate, a high achiever and a hard worker who works well as part of a team.
- Develop new sales opportunities and proactively generate outbound leads through cold calls and networking
- Qualify incoming leads (from website) to determine if they are a good fit for AppIt Ventures
- Work closely with potential clients to understand their needs, their company, the problem they’re trying to solve and how a custom software solution can meet those needs
- Effective account management and pipeline management
- Provide regular reports to management regarding activity, productivity, revenue performance and account/prospect status
- Hit weekly and monthly business development metrics
- Ability to travel locally to meet with prospective clients
- Develop annual individual strategic sales plan
- Evangelism – help us grow our brand and public profile within the community
- Self-motivated with a crazy drive to succeed
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent professional sales experience required
- 1-5 years of experience in a business development position
- Experience selling custom software solutions or other business services
- Strong work ethic with the ability to hit deadlines and metrics
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with close attention to detail
- Ability to listen attentively and actively ask questions
- Effectiveness at cold calling and generating meetings with new prospects
- Comfortable dealing with business owners, C-level executives, and other top decision-makers
- Strong organizational time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, performance-oriented environment
Competencies Must Include:
- Personal Effectiveness: Demonstrating initiative, self-confidence, resiliency, acceptance of responsibility for personal actions and a willingness to learn.
- Professionalism: Exhibiting high moral and ethical standards, punctuality, and a sense of urgency.
- Persuasion: Ability to quickly process client needs and help them discover reasons to change the way they think or what they believe with regard to our industry, company, and services.
- Business Acumen: Understanding importance of profit, being comfortable with large sums of money and discussing money with prospective clients.
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks to flourish in a small company environment that is constantly changing and growing.
- Self-Management: Demonstrating strong time management skills, ownership for activities and results, and ability to follow a sales process/system.
- Goal Orientation: Energetically focusing efforts on meeting a goal and persisting to get the job done.
- Teamwork: Operating as a team player, supporting other team members, and contributing to the overall growth and success of the company.
- Interpersonal Skills: Effectively communicating, building rapport and relating well to all kinds of people.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Guaranteed compensation of $40k with an uncapped commission structure (targeted first year salary + commissions will range between $70-100k)
- Healthcare, unlimited PTO, and flexible office hours
- Opportunities to attend educational training seminars and industry events
- Happy hours, team lunches and high-fives
To apply, please email Brandy Anderson, VP of US Operations, at email@example.com with a cover letter and resume.